GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

Hi Daruma,"We are all adults and should have the choice to...

1. 174 Posts.
    Hi Daruma,

"We are all adults and should have the choice to beleive or disregard ingormation on its own merits. Not have a nanny state of moderators picking and choosing information for us because limp wristwatch weak willed person gets upset"

I 100% agree with this statement however...

I think perhaps you should be directing your angst towards Australia's draconian defamation laws and lack of protection of individuals rights when it comes to freedom of speech.

I think many on HC feel just as frustrated as you when it comes to the volume of posts moderated but from the perspective of the moderators who must operate based on the confines of our current archaic laws they have little choice.

I think what people need to realise is our legal system has numerous inefficiencies and loop holes that tend to favour those with the greater amount of money.

As an example, Hotcopper have already stated that they run on a shoestring budget and have to constantly seek legal advice on each and every accusation or case by a company. This costs them money... money they do NOT recoup even if they are in the right.

So as you can see, even if you are in the wrong, if you have enough money you can force an individual or company to pander to your needs or prevent them from saying something just by constant threat of court action which costs said parties money each time.

I think almost everyone here would agree with me when I state that I would rather have my post(s) moderated rather than facing a very expensive defamation claim
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.