The history and current play of religion suggest that it lurches...

1. 26,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    The history and current play of religion suggest that it lurches from one disaster to the next.

Some of the histories are denied by some such as the witch hunts, inquisitions, and attempts to suppress scientific enquiry, especially in unpopular subjects like evolution and others that challenge sacred writings.

Some religious people have done sterling scientific work, but these endeavours have been achieved using scientific methods rather than using religious dogma.

I thought it was only Muslims that want to drag us back into a bygone age with things like male dominance and female servitude. It seems that there are Christians who hanker after the pre-enlightenment era forgetting the dark side of this era and where we would be if the church were still in charge - no for me.

There are some in the community in which I live who hanker after the time in their lives when priests had power and church schools decided what children were taught.

We are more fortunate than Muslims (in my opinion) to live in a country in which we have choices about religion. We are free to change our religion or to abandon religion - not options open to Muslims.
    Last edited by whereu: 29/06/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.