I think it's fair to say that a preportion of these people don't...

1. 1,850 Posts.
    I think it's fair to say that a preportion of these people don't have the 10,000 $$ fair up front, and some of those are the vicitms of extortion and balckmail once setup here.
    Given they come from places that have differnet cultural backgorunds I also think it's fair to say that we are not only putting extra pressure on law enforcement , but we are also importing criminal activity we don't want in our communities.
    One poster made the comment that another arrival today, dosen,t have any effect on our lives ...well mabye not today but it will eventually , take the cost of the navy running a ferry service every day thats just the start of the massive costs each one of these people incure . it's your money , money that could be spent supporting people that have spent a lifetime paying tax here, and have every entitlement to it, nobody has ever suggested we don't do the right thing by taking in the desperate ..we also spend alot trying to improve the conditions in some of the places they come from.But an open slather come on down policy to illegal people smuggelers does nobody here any good at all.Iff the current federal government wanted to take in more people claiming to be genuine reffugees then they should have devoted resources to working with people and agencies off shore that are experienced in handeling the process , not just open up and say where ever you are who ever you are come on down.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.