IOH 0.00% 70.0¢ iron ore holdings limited

central hub assets potentially up for sale, page-17

1. 8,527 Posts.
    Reading the many excellent posts on this thread, and greeing that thanks to Rio yes, there has been a year wasted with regard to progress (although in a back-handed way perhaps beneficial as meanwhile IOH have got their own act together),
    I can't help asking (with my propensity to discuss all things political) about the "Elephant in the Room", which no ones mentions, or if so, dwells on.

Mining Tax.

Surely this propect has cast a funereal pall over all Aussie miners, and worse, they must find it very hard to make ANY firm plans not knowing outcomes and fianical indications re. their bottom lines.

I am glad to see the WA Premier taking on Gillard and Swan, and standing up to them on behalf of his State.

They can't run their own finances, so have to poach on everyone else's! To make up their deficits.

How will this uncertainty effect IOH in particular?

If it were left to the Greens, absolutely nothing would ever be dug up. Ever. Brown wants to stop the coal mining industry for good - tomorrow, if he could. And what he says goes as of July 1.

This is the status quo - looks like the average shareholders can do nothing but watch - (and perhaps suffer fi8nancially accordingly,) - so what do the smaller miners, and their CEO's, management, and shareholders, think?

Meanwhile, Rio, BHP, and XStrata are sitting pretty, having cosied up to this Government. which they can well afford to do. And big boys usually are the winners, and grinners.

Not to be pessimistic about IOH and it's assets - I too am ploeased with developments - but this politicking must have some bearing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.