UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

RRM, Please note the comment following the article: see below:...

1. 277 Posts.
    RRM,

Please note the comment following the article: see below:

Jacob Pearson January 15, 2016 1:28 pm

On January 15th., the Central Penn Business Journal published an article concerning Unilife Corporation. The article, entitled "Unilife stays afloat with $15M infusion of capital staff" was written by staff reporter, Michael Sadowski.

In his article, Mr. Sadowski reports on the pending Amgen deal and the recent good faith payment of $15 million by Amgen. Within the article he references Mr. Henrik Alex as one of his sources of information. The article states that Mr. Alex "follows the company for investing website Seeking Alpha." As stated, the implication is that Mr. Alex is a financial reporter for Seeking Alpha who covers Unilife Corporation. Nothing could be further from the truth. Mr. Alex is a self-professed individual investor, a day trader and blogger.

Mr. Alex is short Unilife. He has written two articles concerning Unilife on Seeking Alpha. They are: "Unilife - Investors Need To Prepare For Bankruptcy", posted on October 23, 2015 and "Unilife Enters Exclusive Negotiations With Amgen- Revisiting My Bear Thesis", posted on January 4, 2016. Mr. Alex begins both articles stating that he is short Unilife.

Under the guise of "journalism", Mr. Sadowski presents Mr. Alex's comments with the implication that he (Mr. Alex) is a financial reporter for Seeking Alpha, when, in truth, he is a blogger with a short position who uses the Seeking Alpha platform to publish decidedly biased and disingenuous articles for the purpose of driving down the share price down so that he can establish a short position.

The Central Penn Business Journal owes both, Unilife and its readers honest reporting. In my opinion, there is little difference between Mr. Sadowski's and Mr. Alex's articles and the infamous Forbes article of 2013. This is lazy reporting. There was no attempt at disclosure that Mr. Alex is not affiliated with Seeking Alpha. The Central Penn Business Journal should, in my opinion, either delete any reference to Mr. Alex, or add a statement of full disclosure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.