CTP 1.92% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

Jumpy,I couldn't disagree with you more on your assertion that...

1. 100 Posts.
    Jumpy,

I couldn't disagree with you more on your assertion that CTP has done nothing in the past 18 months of your shareholder-ship.

The others have been fairly good at pointing out what CTP has done, in terms of identifying key targets (Surprise, Madigan, Mt Kitty, Pedirka Coal etc) so I will not go into any great detail. Rather I will point to a more obvious fact that appears to be elluding many shareholders and posters on this forum.

If I may be so bold as to accuse many people (including myself, at times) of being extraordinarily narrow sighted, greedy, unrealistic and rather self righteous. Now I understand we all get involved in the stock market to make money. This is a given. However, what I find genuinely shocking is the inconceivable collective expectation of getting rich instantly, especially in the Junior Explorer sector of the ASX. Well guys it's high time you woke up.

Junior exploration is an extremely risky business and one that is fraught with every danger a company could possibly imagine. As a junior your primary driver is raising funds to make new discoveries, and eventually uncover a commercial resource. Most of the successes people see on the market seem apparently overnight, such is the fanfare and excitement of big discoveries. People fail to recognise that many of these companies endured many years as juniors prior to discovering "the company maker". There are far fewer Sandfires, and far more CBHs unfortunately. The key is sticking with the companies with the most potential, and the best results - another highly subjective matter.

Fortescue is often looked upon as one of those get rich quick success stories, and in many cases, upon making their first discovery, the company catapulted into superstardom for investors as it's rise was nothing short of meteoric. Take a look at the history however and you will see the company listed in 1987. This makes it a 20 year process in the lead up to the unstoppable rise. Looking at the data, I can only find share price history from 1998, however even if you take this into account, it is still the best part of a decade prior to making their indelible mark.

Santos did nothing but fall in share price between 1987 and 1993, before they made a very slow climb until mid 2003 when they really hit their stride.

Rio Tinto took 18 years to triple in value, before it tripled again from that point in the next 3 years.

Newcrest has been around since the late 80s, yet only really started to shine from 2002 onwards.

What I am getting at is that CTP is going along rather nicely contrary to much of the believe on this forum. It would have been so easy to go bankrupt and capitulate during some of the worst economic times in history, yet the company endures.

Now I WILL say that the time is nigh to really take a hold of what we HAVE discovered and make something of ourselves, and in many ways what happens from here will determine how the company is viewed. There is talk of JV interest in the coal, oil shows at Surprise and even helium at Ooraminna... so it is now down to the board to take these things and make something out of them. They SHOULD be given this last push of support from you all, especially if you've been involved with them for any length of time during this financial crisis. Lord knows we all deserve it for showing stoic loyalty and major grit. You cannot however accuse the board of having done nothing during CTPs time on the ASX. It is quite impetuous in many ways, and rather greedy to expect so much so quickly, when for 99% of companies it is much harder than even this.

RB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.001(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.1¢ $21.21K 413.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 914693 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 109110 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.