centrelink and super ???

1. 230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    I will hit 55 in Autumn 09 and have this area that needs some guidence and clarification.

I went to see a financial advisor who turned out to be half my age and I feel did not really understand my question as when I asked him his reply was to contact centrelink directly Which I did but still not happy with the answer from a call centre operator.

My Question is I have a preserved benefit with the Government Css scheme which advises me that I can claim the benefit of approx $165k cash and a lifetime cpi indexed pension starting at appprox $38k after I turn 55 (autumn 09) even though I am employed.

I am still working with another employer and will earn about $46k this tax year. I have 2 uni students accessing youth allowance and 1 in junior high school which we receive a family tax benefit for as my other half is home based with minimal income.

I have spoken with centrelink who have advised that if I take the super this financial year I will have to repay them the money that was recieved as family tax and youth allowance is this correct?

My other option is to wait until July 1 2009 and make that my start date.

Anyone have any advice I would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers, Reserve

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.