SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Centres of excellence - restructure, page-18

1. 517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    This is good news. Most multinational companies have reaped benefits from Centres of Excellence. It is not a new concept.

Banks have continued to reduce branches but I don't see their market share dropping. They do it to increase their profit margins. How many banks have declared record profits and still go cutting jobs!

In fact, being a previous client of SGH, I received a survey in June 2016 that basically asked me to answer some questions on how best they can service me.

I can't remember all the questions but it basically was about the frequency I wanted to see their lawyer, when I wanted to see their lawyer ie at the beginning of the matter, and how best to keep me updated on my case. Also whether I wanted to go to their office or have a lawyer meet me at my workplace.

Now, lawyers are expensive, so I only wanted to see one at the beginning of the matter and at times when the case has progressed. Updates can be sent on email and calls only when I have serious questions.

All I had in my mind was to keep my legal costs mininal and have junior staff do the administration.

The Centres of Excellence may be from the direct feedback from clients so I don't see this as a reduction in service.

This is a win win as I don't have to pay for their rent when I don't want to go into their offices anyway. I don't care where my lawyer is working from as long as I can call their mobile. If I need them, we can meet at somewhere convenient. In fact, if they can reduce their rental footprint, they can charge out lawyers at lower rates which may in fact increase their market share!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.