CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

centro could face 150m in legal bills..., page-2

1. 3,648 Posts.
    tweetypie,

I think one of the paragraphs is misleading - correct me if I am wrong but "Centro on Friday increased by $1.5 billion to $2.61 billion the reported value of short-term debt it held at June 30." This was actually reported last year NOT on Friday - its incompetent journalism or at worst a cheap, inaccurate shot to spice up the article?

The article also says that "In August, Centro said it had no short-term debt (debt due to expire within 12 months) and in September it told the market it held $1.096 billion of short-term debt." I believe the 2007 accounts showed both the $1.096B as a current liability and $2.5B as a non-current liability. As this was published in late June/July 2007 some things may have changed by August and September 2007, but in either case Centro did post these debts previously.

Finally, "Law firms Slater & Gordon and Maurice Blackburn are preparing class action lawsuits against Centro based on that non-disclosure of debt". I'm not sure that these debts were not in fact disclosed - the issue seems to be in what form these debts were reported - which is hardly a reason for suing Centro and in any case, I would have thought this was more in PWC's court, since the "error" should have been found by the PWC audit and corrected before the accounts were published?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.