CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

centro faces executive shake-up ..., page-23

1. 17,285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Have we had a reit fall over here in Australia due to the gfc ? I cannot seem to recall one .The mistakes made by banks in the last recession by selling up bussineses to early may have been correct assumption on them not doing so this time round. But squeezing in a different way is not out of the question by all means .Lucky we are in cer i think .Centro got punished for there bad reporting leading into the gfc to .Could they have been pushed before the market collapse? Alot of other reits have capital raised themselves to get out of strife cer does not have to thats a big plus .And from my understanding of how the trust works with cer is any capital raising is done outside of the cer and not inside the shareholder base .No risk of dilution to us .Maybe thats why centro got the big end of the stick to .Happy to be corrected on that capital raisng part .The rest is just speculation on my part from researching and reading the exellent posters on here .In short any capital raisng cer has to do is by borrowing only.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.