CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

Since the meltdown on 17/12, there have been around 4.1 billion...

1. 1,190 Posts.
    Since the meltdown on 17/12, there have been around 4.1 billion (yes, billion) CNP shares change hands.

In this mix, Macquarie, UBS, JP Morgan, Deutsche, Credit Suisse, Merrill Lynch, Citi and Morgan Stanley have offloaded 300m shares (just over 1/3 of the company) to clients of ComSec, Westpac, eTrade and NAB. Most of this happened in the earlier months.

We have to resign ourselves to the fact that the instos deserted this stock a long while ago and will not be coming back until certainty returns (hopefully sometime between today and next Friday !!).

These 300m or so shares owned by retail clients have just been traded back and forth, back and forth, between clients of these retail brokers. Between them, Comsec, etrade and Westpac have turned over 2 billion (yes, billion) shares in total and about 1.1 billion of these have changed hands since March.

Despite all this, there have been no new substantial holder notices (compulsory for new holdings over 5% or existing holdings changing by 1%) during this time. (What is the betting one comes out today now I have said this??)

There is always going to be a difference of opinion on this thread, which I am totally fine with. In my honest opinion though, based on the data, there is no manipulation, capping, propping, sumping or dumping OTHER THAN what day traders themselves are doing.... and I reckon a large proportion of them read the CNP thread on HC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.