CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

centro seeking to combine court cases, page-7

1. 1,190 Posts.
    You have probably seen the results of a case against Aristocrat involving the same litigation players.

I think the case began in late 2003 and they started off wanting $200m. By the time it got to settlement, 4 1/2 years later, the net cost to the company was a one-off $40m. I daresay anything more than this was covered by insurance or existing provisions.

If you don't plan to be a shareholder in a few years, forget about it. If you do, you might see a crimping of your divvy in 2011 but by then the world is going to be a very, very different place. I promise you the SP won't be in the mid thirties either!

If CNP settles for $100m, it'll be 11.7 cents per share out of earnings.... in 4 years time. Distributable earnings last half for CNP, despite everything, was 22 cents per share. If push came to shove, we'd have to sell an asset... in four years time.

If CER settles for $100m as well, it'll be 4.5 cents per share... in four years time. We dropped more than that in the last 10 days alone.

The market also realises that there is likely to be a change of regulatory mindset (and legislation) in the coming months which is going to make it harder for shareholders to take action against directors.

I'd like to propose my second motion of the day. Can we adjourn this discussion until, say, March 2010?

Anyone care to second?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.