CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

For the banks there is no sense in pulling the pin.If they...

1. 2,988 Posts.
    For the banks there is no sense in pulling the pin.

If they continue to operate the banks get regular payments and a "bonus" penalty interest, so they get about 4% of debt back in profit (after the banks costs of borrowing taken into account) each year and some capital returned. In the next four years they get about 45% of the debt back and centro still owes them about 80% of current amounts that they will in due course get back with interest.

If they liquidate centro they get nothing back for a few years (when the liquidators have finished - and liquidators have no mandate to have a fire sale), then maybe 60-70% of the debt back and the rest written off.

If centro is kept afloat they get 100% capital returned (including about 45% over the next four years) and make big interest profits along the way (worth about another 50% over time) for total about 150%, if it folds they get back about 65% in maybe 4 or 5 years time. The difference is many billions. Seems a foregone conclusion to me but you never know - I may have egg on my face come September 30!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.