OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

Hi SirloinSteak you wrote. "I think it's a bit rough to use...

1. 11,632 Posts.
    Hi SirloinSteak you wrote.

"I think it's a bit rough to use hindsight to blame a CEO for not taking on an acquisition"

I get the strong feeling this part of your post and a tad more was directed largely at me so I will respond. If it wasn't just regard this as a general post no more no less.

TB can only be judged on PAST performance - that's why I ALWAYS point out that my observations come with the benefit of hindsight.
    He can't be judged on things he might do otherwise optimists everywhere would give him 10 out of 10.
    It seems he even admitted that it might have been a mistake not to move on SFR.
    I really don't believe he has any other irons in the fire - the projects that are available are all well known and none seem to fit.
    But of course there's always the proverbial rabbit out of the hat to hang your hopes on.
    So for mine OZL's future is a case of hoping for a 2nd PH and Carrapateena - I hope it all pans out for them/you.
    And there seems to be a deafening silence regarding the Toro stake.
    And I'll hit them over the head again and again -
    10:1 consolidation - MISTAKE
    Capital return - MISTAKE
    Holding any cash in $US - MISTAKE
    Share buyback - MISTAKE (somebody please do a $ analysis of it)
    Dividends - probably a MISTAKE
    SFR - initial stake BIG TICK
    SFR - no follow up MISTAKE
    Carrapateena - medium sized TICK.

PNA CEO is Gary Stafford if he starts to disappoint me I'll clearly voice it as well. But 100 times louder. These guys get paid extremely well for what they do. One of there main jobs (not the only job) is to make money for share holders. full stop.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.