WTC 0.36% $134.60 wisetech global limited

CEO Interview - ABC, page-64

1. 3,563 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    Hi Maryjane, loved your analysis of this. Absolutely spot on, it’s a lot for a stock “outsider” to take in. It usually is with stocks that suddenly garner a lot of attention.

First of all, most of the investing public already find themselves out of their depth when valuing high growth tech stocks such as Wisetech, Altium, Jumbo Interactive, A2 Milk, ProMedicus, etc.

Wisetech particularly so, given how volatile this stock has been, from a $4 stock, jumping into $8, consolidating around the teens only for a short while before rocketing off to $20’s and $30’s even tried to push $40.

And there hasn’t been much fanfare around the stock, I like what you see at Afterpay or A2 Milk.

Its been a stock that is predominantly traded by institutional investors and funds, and overseas investors.

I would say its been a fascinating time, and there is a lot for everyone to learn from what is unfolding at the moment.

For a strong believer who who has a high conviction in the stock, I sold 1/3 of my holding before the short as I needed funds for some other high potential med-tech stock. However, I ask myself, if I hadn’t managed to offload some at $35-$36 purely by chance, would I be very bitter? How would I react? Is this a price rerating? Who is now playing the stock? Are mums and dads now tipping their toe in the waters? Or are most people still sitting on the sidelines?

How are the company insiders reacting? What are analysts that have previously backed them saying?

All interesting stuff to watch. I hope to glean a lot more information and form a better grasp of the situation over the next 1-2 weeks.

My hunch is that it’s staying under $30 until next set of figures, potentially allowing an opportunity for accumulators in the $20’s. That could change if day, the BoD or prominent industry commentators provide support for the stock either by insider buying or proving the short research wrong.

Or something left field could come up, like how Aconex got bought up by Oracle not too long ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WTC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.