AVR 0.05% $21.29 anteris technologies ltd

CEO Interview - Wayne Paterson

1. 2,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1791
    Wayne Paterson is the Chief Executive Officer of Anteris Technologies Ltd (ASX:AVR), a structural heart company.

The company’s core technology is its ADAPT® tissue technology. Initially commercialized to treat congenital heart defects, ADAPT® is the only engineered tissue with clinical data to support ten years of anti-calcification.Anteris Technologies is now focused on the development of next-generation technologies using its ADAPT® tissue.

Its 3D single-piece aortic valve DurAVR™ combines the clinical superiority of ADAPT® with a groundbreaking design, to create the world’s most durable aortic heart valve, for the treatment of aortic stenosis, one of the most common forms of heart valve disease affecting people over the age of 65.

What’s your journey in becoming a CEO?

I left Australia over 20 years ago, and during that time I have had the privilege of working and living in seven different countries. Working in Big Pharma, I was promoted to roles of ever-increasing revenue and human resource responsibility. I went from heading up commercial operations in China for Roche, to CEO roles in Korea and Japan.

As well holding CEO roles for whole regions (emerging markets), and then finally CEO of Europe where I managed 30 countries and billions in revenue, I also held the role of Global Head of Cardiovascular Medicine for a major pharma company. Each one of these roles gave me insights to operations, national cultures, performance metrics and health care systems all over the world.

Tell us a bit about your business and how you are commercializing?

Anteris is a structural heart company that has a novel and unique technology, ADAPT®, which is backed by validated and widely published science. The market space we are addressing has a value of more than US$8 bn and we are well on the path to registration at the moment, conducting clinical trials for our 3D single-piece aortic valve DurAVR™, that will lead to regulatory approval and commercialization.

Commercialization of our TAVR (transcatheter aortic valve replacement) device will be in partnership with one of the major companies in the MedTech space.

How are you managing with the current COVID-19 pandemic on both business and personal front?

Due to the restructure that we completed last year, we are in a good position from a business perspective. Our operations have seen little to no impact and we are on track with our 2020 plan. On a personal front, the current COVID-19 pandemic presents its challenges as the role of the CEO is very much a face to face and hands on role. Whether it’s with staff, funds or other stakeholders that we deal with, we have managed to do most things remotely.

Due to the time zones we operate across (my usual day goes from about 8am to 10pm), and because we have all staff working from home, I am able to do a lot of my work from the office alone and this has been very valuable.

What’s the most exciting thing about running your business?

The Anteris team inspire me and the science excites me. It is increasingly apparent that we have real clinical benefits above and beyond what’s currently in the market and the knowledge that we will bring this to patients all over the world in the near future is very exciting.

How do you measure success?

There are 3 key areas that I consider are markers of success.

1) Developing a team of engaged, high performing and motivated individuals which leads to;

2) developing science and products that are significant, clinically superior and high value, which leads to;

3) higher shareholder returns

What do you think is the most important quality of being a CEO of a listed company?

High work ethic, transparency, and integrity.

What is your favourite book?

I have two.Authentic Leadership by Bill George (former CEO of Medtronic) and the book I give all my executives is the Art of War by Sun Tzu.

What message do you want to send to our readership in Asia?

Having lived in China, Korea, Singapore and Japan, I have a huge affiliation for the talent, drive and work ethic in Asia. My message to the region is to keep embracing the opportunities that the highest growing markets bring, and to keep innovating!

I am confident that when we launch our TAVR product into the region, it will be highly successful due to the skills and drive of the teams in this region.

Company came out with this interview today on https://twitter.com/stockpalnews

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.29
Change
-0.010(0.05%)
Mkt cap ! $408.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.70 $21.70 $21.16 $147.0K 6.914K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 47 $21.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.60 300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$21.19
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.47 %)
Open High Low Volume
$21.69 $21.70 $21.19 122
Last updated 13.18pm 03/05/2024 ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.