MSB 2.51% 97.0¢ mesoblast limited

CEO Itescu needs to go, page-133

1. 1,455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3170
    Hi @Fastback6666,

naturally, I'm no more aware of what study duration MSB intends negotiating with the FDA than anyone else. However, I consider that there is a reason that CEO Itescu mentioned as targetted enrollees those patients so refractory to available therapies & with a mortality likelihood so high that their survival assessment is 20% or less over 90 days. It's possible, as I see it, that the study duration MSB puts forward may end up being of that magnitude.

Regarding your comments on MSB management 'misleading' or 'mismanaging', I have a different view than you.

Since everyone posting here today is rightly very concerned about realised & unrealised costs to them and others as a result of the CRL, I must point out that an Appendix 3Y was notified for MSB Board of Directors member Dr Philip Krause with ASX on 13 June 2023, regarding his purchase of 20,000 ADRs on NASDAQ on 5 June 2023.

The last price for those ADRs was ~USD 1.64. Each of those ADRs cost Dr Krause USD 3.705, viz:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5486/5486128-cd85ec05e04749799ebfda673321600c.jpg

I suggest that between 5 June 2023 and 4 August 2023 - i.e. a maximum period of 2 months - something happened of which Dr Krause, and by extension the rest of the MSB Board, were not previously aware. They may well not have suspected it (much less become fully or even partially aware of it) until actual receipt of the CRL. And I suspect that event was/ is something outside Dr Krause' ability (if any) to control - simple human nature would suggest that. If anyone would like to argue the contrary, I'd like to know what planet they're living on.

Does that mean I'm happy with the level of communication from MSB management on the issue? No. But my keen desire for information does not logically translate automatically into a need to blame others for withholding it, as I feel sure you would agree. For one thing, there is a confidentialiy obligation that goes with participation in FDA processes. It has limits, but I'm certainly not aware of any 'misleading' behaviour on the part of individual MSB Board members on this issue.

I recommend that MSB holders stay as calm as they can at this time. There are many predators who would enjoy taking advantage of the present situation. More information may become available prior to the Type A meeting. If MSB were to become aware of that information, and it was not otherwise subject to process confidentiality, it may well become public.

Cheers all.
    GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.