MSB 6.79% $1.18 mesoblast limited

CEO Itescu needs to go, page-634

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 359
    . the company did a rolling submission of information in its BLA... IF the FDA had a deep-seated problem with CMC issues, which they did express during the ODAC hearing, why did they empanel a committee of experts to vote on efficacy in the first place?? The potency assay issue should have been picked up in the rolling submission or addressed before going to the trouble of an ODAC hearing. In essence, FDA said, "We're not sure the product can be made in a uniformly potent fashion... but please give us a vote on efficacy of a product we can't be sure is made with uniform potency. That's nonsensical. Most likely answer is bureaucratic inefficiency (as opposed to corruption).

100% on the above comments.

as investors we have to trust that management is able to size up a product candidate and the obstacles to approval and navigate the regulatory maze. I no longer have confidence SI is able to do that... And I now question whether GvHD in children should ever have been pursued as a lead indication with a product like rem-L. Of the multitude of indications out there, why choose that one? The initial efficacy signal in study 280 was not close to being statistically significant. It involved a small number of children cherry-picked out of a larger trial that failed... so we're off to a bad start. Only 13 controls and those were the only prospective, randomized, blinded controls submitted to FDA in the two BLA's. So when the experts say, "can't do an RCT in children for ethical reasons" and when the FDA says in CRL 1, "You don't have enough data", I think you're obliged to pursue adults or some other indication first where RCT's can be done. Prove the product is effective, don't coddle it with uncontrolled studies and EAP's and certainly don't dispute the FDA. ... put your own oxygen mask on first with successful RCTs and an approval elsewhere, then go help the children with GvHD. Because there's a very fine line between "helping the children" and using the children as a regulatory foil. imo, Left-e

Mate, hindsight is magnificent mate. You now have no confidence in SI, that is funny, well it isn't. I've been reading your posts here and wahoo over the years and now you come to this conclusion. mate,@JB1975 and his mates were saying all along the outcome was obvious. I give them credit but you buddy, BIG 0!.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.