MSB 3.06% $1.01 mesoblast limited

Hi LeftYahoo,I missed your reply to @Phaedrus ‘ post about RWE....

1. 368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 393

Hi LeftYahoo,

I missed your reply to @Phaedrus ‘ post about RWE. Here’s a more recent, 2021, study

https://ascpt.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cpt.2474

than the one I posted last week examining the use of RWE by the FDA approvals. (The other 2019 one cited 8 studies published by various people at the agency on the use of RWE.). It appears that the use of RWE is not just FDA’s PR as one may think, but it has been leaned on by the FDA in a large number of approvals.

I also noticed just then @Phaedrus tried to clarify the comment by the CEO in the CC about trial design. While not a direct reply to your question, what he pointed out makes sense once you examine the context for that comment in the link I posted here.

I do not pretend to be able to predict the likelihood of success of the proposed study but note (1) that while the confounding factors (particularly other treatments that might have already been applied to the patients with the complicated disease) remain in the background as they will given the nature of the disease, would they not be considered to have in a way been “controlled for” if you look at the dreadful state the targeted patients for the proposed study will be in, if the FDA approves the design at the Type A meeting?

(2) All that you said about the complex nature of the disease and treatments thrown at it makes sense. However, as I posted a few days ago in response to @Dachopper’s comment on a post by @Techinvestor, as to why I think the next study is not far from the 10% of work assessed by Itescu as needing to be done to satisfy the agency. The company should have come to and does, I think, know a lot more about a large number of variables (MoA, CQA, product potency and consistency etc) than any of us over the course of the trials and work done in the last few years, such that it should be able to “target” a degree of success that would satisfy the agency. Based on the company’s 2 CRL’s for children’s GVHD in the last few years, some may completely dismiss that as fanciful. So we all need to do our own risk and likelihood assessment, just as the company naturally does, and especially at this juncture.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.01
Change
0.030(3.06%)
Mkt cap ! $1.153B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.01 $1.04 99.0¢ $5.111M 5.050M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 211966 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.02 136540 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.