UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

ceo matthew hogan in the uk, page-32

1. 3,849 Posts.
    seawolf fundamentally you are right. But...

Just playing the devils advocate here by summing up a couple of the arguments that get tossed around here and elsewhere: (And no I don’t agree with everything that gets said at all, but some arguments have merit)

While OE have been good, why is it no local brokers appear to promote the story, there's little in the way of local analysts on board, virtually no media coverage or promotion (or when there is, its PULLED – why? by who?), in fact besides OE (who have a conflict) what exactly has m/ment done on that front? More importantly WHY NOT?

Case in point one eastern seaboard mid sized broker claims to have never seen these guys and in fact only gets their regular UMC updates thru THX m/ment. And yes these guys were early adopters of the small cap IO players 4-5+ yrs ago. So where's Matt? and why aren’t local brokers important?

What about insto's/fundies etc? Same here too?

Its one thing to say we need capital yet we appear to have ignored the one source virtually every other resource Co has sought out. Why? Ironically that source: chinese/asian money is now the only source of capital for the sort of project we have. And we appear to be still thrashing around the UK? Yet we hope to be taken over by Companies (other than BHP/RIO) who are/have been re-capitalised by the very same sources AND supply almost exclusively to that region? Do we have a problem with China? lol

Seems odd that, as Barry has indicated "we just got lucky at railway" yet we don’t appear to have been able to OPENLY manage the detail of developing this resource into a business model/mine: if we have where's the evidence? We certainly don’t appear to be doing anything in an orthodox or consistent manner. Nor in a manner that gives much confidence in any (ever changing?) time frame.

The lack of info to shareholders (not withstanding briefings at $ parties.) eg: there's nothing to announce?, the field data has to be tidied up, the labs slow, its confidential, its coming etc etc .

Maybe so, but then why has one associate of the Co. suggested previously that shareholders should be taking Matt to task over why the information flow is SO tardy. Was the inference that info was being withheld? You tell me. Wouldn't appear Matt could ever claim all the "releasable" information is in the marketplace solely because the “ends justify the means” when there doesn't appear to have been any discernible progress over the 2 years we've been told we acnt tell you because "confidential discussions are ongoing".

Etc etc You could go on for pages.

Most appear to be all for this project becoming a mine, (rather than an easy and low ball TO) preferably under our moniker but would much rather see a clear path to where we're going being laid out, in addition to data the Co clearly has/should have on drilling etc.
    One analyst I know, laughingly suggests that maybe it just doesn’t exist because the sole pitch is getting that "takeover offer" across the line?
    Surely not?

Its hard to see how this would disadvantage the Co. or prejudice "discussions" that don’t appear to have thus far amounted to much.

Even PLV manage to stoke the SP with "confidential discussions" releases.

I am and have been a long term holder and no I can’t see that changing but the above justifications for an opening up of the Co appear somewhat justifiable. And no I understand perfectly why discretion is paramount in some corporate situations.

Unless of course there really is a “twiggy” or RIO option in Matts top draw.

But then who would know. We certainly wouldn’t from the recent rehashed “presentations”.
    Certainly hard to see what the latest achieved when there should be much more the Co. has achieved for all the time, capital and change (Sten anyone?) expended.

BTW just be totally open on this. I took the opp to buy more today so this isn’t a one sided whinge.

But there are many who want something more than just “a lucky strike resource” to float this companies future and its SP.

Finally people shouldn’t have to rely on forums for information on a Co. they hold shares in.
    Particularly when some appear to have access to more information than others. (and no, wolfie this is not targeted at you)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.