RSG 2.91% 53.0¢ resolute mining limited

Stuart - your post made me laugh! I remember what this company...

1. 1,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    Stuart - your post made me laugh!
    I remember what this company was like prior to Welborn; loss making company that was trading sub 30c per share and totally lacking leadership or ambition such that there was zero hope or expectation of any major valuation improvement. Actually made me realise what the problem is with the company right now - it has gone back (or is on the way?) to exactly where it was with the same invisible men plodding along.
    I have heard that Welborn sold his entire holding in October immediately after he was given the boot by the other directors. Share price was around $1 then from memory. Make of that what you want.
    I made money on RsG with Welborn. He got the share price to trade above $2 a share in 2016 and again in 2019. For the period in between it was always above $1 and prob averaged around $1.40. He bought shares himself and so wanted to pay a dividend and wanted to make the sp go up.
    Anyone who bought in at those levels will be in pain now and can blame him for much. But to forget how he improved this company and to blame him for performance after he has been turfed out the door is a bit rich.
    Welborn was a turn around guy who tried lots of new things and made things happen some of which worked and some of which didn’t. Seems to me his biggest problem was p1ssing the wrong people off and running out of luck.
    Before he joined RSG never looked like trading above $1 and after he has left I have to say it certainly does it look like it will trade above $1 anytime soon.
    I have a small residual holding hoping that a new turn around leader can do what Welborn did in 2015 and 2016. Certainly a better platform now with Syama having a long life mine future, Mako making money, and big cash to come in from Bibiani and Ravenswood. Very frustrating to see the sp go down and down over the last few weeks while everyone waits for a new CEO appointment.
    The failure to make any appointment is both interesting and distressing. Seems to be costing 5 to 10c a week in value.
    Then again, maybe you are right: the directors are realising what Welborn did and are happy he is gone and their lives are easier and more comfortable again.
    Good luck!
    J9

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
53.0¢
Change
0.015(2.91%)
Mkt cap ! $1.128B
Open High Low Value Volume
53.0¢ 54.5¢ 52.0¢ $13.30M 25.09M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 280119 52.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
53.0¢ 1254766 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RSG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.