AVR 1.67% $18.30 anteris technologies ltd

CEO presentation - one of the best I have seen., page-54

1. 2,980 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1811
    Hi Codeai,

I used to think like you and partnering was always the initial plan. I would love nothing more than a partnership with one of the two incumbents. That would be the dream scenario.

However, I think after many meetings with these companies WP knows that an acquisition is much more likely. Remember, one of these companies has already completed due diligence on our technology and science. Discussions are that advanced and if a partnership was going to occur I believe it would have been signed by now.

The issue is that these companies already have the lion share of the market sown up and are sitting comfy right now. They will not want to part with significant profits way into the future In a partnership with an up start minnow regardless of how good the science is. A billion here or a billion there for these mega companies (Edwards 50 billion MC and Medtronic 150 billion MC) is literally chicken feed and would be much preferred for them than giving away potentially a lot more in ongoing royalties over years to AVR.

This is just in my opinion and of course anything could happen. The best scenario IMO would see a situation where Edwards, Medtronic and possibly an Abbott Laboratories (Portico TAVR - they know it’s crap)
    all become interested in our technology and this helps drive a deal that realises and exceeds true value.

I genuinely believe that if our valve succeeds in its EFS studies and does what it has done to date then there will be no reason for a surgeon to use any other device. That will be extremely valuable to the major players and may create some excellent competitive tension.

It really is the amazing caliber of our Advisory Board and their connections with these companies that give me a lot of confidence in how this will ultimately play out.

Exciting times ahead.

DYOR and not advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.