TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

CEO Salary

1. 1,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/projected-revenue.2896313/page-312?post_id=19277759#.V-E-12WLHFI

Given my post above has received highest number of likes (22 to be exact), it give me confidence to start a new thread discussing the possibility of asking Nick (CEO of TV2) to halve his salary at next AGM in light of recent cash spend and ongoing concerns  due to a number of uncertainty, namely Divan revenue delay, cancellation of K2U partner in Thailand, cancellation of Chinese deal, and uncertainty in receiving payment from African deal.

The purpose of reducing CEO's salary is to bring back the shareholder sentiment and conserve cash. I need to make it clear this approach should not be negative at all, in fact it can be very positive and a game changer for start up company's health in long run.

Look at Apple CEO Steve Jobs who only receives 1 dollar in his annual salary, and look at how much respect he has received by his own employee. Nick certainly has been a great leader in technology sector, but start up company like TV2 needs to focus on conserving cash and reducing expense. Imagine if Nick is brave enough to reduce his own salary for the sake of Company's long term prospect, how would sentiment be shifting? Of course not many CEO in ASX has the gut to do so, but if I were Nick, I would re-think about this approach. If he holds 37% of share which is equivalent to  350m share, and if the SP bounce back to 10c on good sentiment, he would easily pocket $35million.

It is called insight, or vision that is normally embraced by the great leaders.

Good luck all holders. I restate that I believe the company is has great future. But the management may require some guidance from shareholders or themselves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.