AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

ceols, page-13

1. 229 Posts.
    Naria,

This is what I posted on Jan 2:

"Thera is potential for further delays in obtaining approvals for the Olaroz Project as the Argentinian Supreme Court has called Mr. Fellner to a Public Hearing on March 28 to discuss the proposed mining of Lithium in Salinas Grandes.

This decision is in response to the papers filed by the 30 communities that oppose such project and allege that there has been no consultation with them as indigenous communities in accordance with the Argentinian Constitution and agreement 169 of the International Labour Organisation.

Whilst this is about Salinas Grandes, it is likely to have spill over effects to Olaroz. I can't imagine Governor Fellner signing to a Lithium project which may have been approved without the appropriate consultation (as per the Supreme Court wants). This is regardless of the support the Olaroz project has from the local community."

My bet is that a ruling indicating consultation with indigenous groups was appropriate would pave the way for the final approval of Olaroz.

Il Latin America, the judiciary is supposed to be independent of the government but reality says otherwise. The Argentinian government is quite supportive of new investment in the country, so its not hard to imagine it is exerting some pressure in this case.

BTW, the argument the provinces are using to take away some of YPF oilfields is due to "lack of investment". So, if they are truly seeking investment, then the approval for Olaroz should happen soon after the final hurdles (supreme court
    cas dismissed) are jumped.

Alejandro
    ---------------
    DYOR, this is not investment advice
    STO, BDR, MNC, ELT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.