CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

cer question, page-4

1. 5,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1763
    Hi Seanmorr,

I posted the below on Saturday.

With regards to the whole dividend issue, I believe the following are reasons why CER will announce a dividend policy on or just after 15 January 2009:

- CER have stressed on numerous occasions since 15 Dec 07 (the day Super LLC debt wasnt above to be refinanced) that CER's goal would be to have a sustainable dividend policy in place once the SuperLLC debt issues were resolved. 15 Jan looks like that date.

- CER is a trust and will be taxed heavily if they dont make a distribution at the very least from their taxable income. Read their constitution from August 2005.

- CNP will have hybrid securities issued over them, which look to extend out to 7 years. Refer to last month's ann. In order for CER to service the hybrids, CNP will require as much money as possible flowing into them. CNP is a 51% shareholder in CER. Without dividend income flowing from CER to CNP, CNP would struggle to service the hybrids. I'd say distributable income will come in around $165m or 7.2c (refer to 1st post on this thread). CNP need as much of their 51% in the distributable income as possible. The banks will demand this.

CNP is not a class A shareholder in CER. Its rights to CER's distributable income are the same as you or I. This will not change.

- CER's gearing is lower than CNP. CER's NTA as discussed on another thread will be fairly comfortable also.

I'd say these are the main reasons. There are others.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.