OAK 0.00% 6.9¢ oakridge international limited

CES News, page-135

1. 13,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2634
    Lol - what a nonsense post.

Perfect example of Schopenhauer's observation that “every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”

And, given the large number of thumbs, it is also an excellent example of another Schopenhauer insight that "the person who writes for fools is always sure of a large audience.”

You say, for example, that:

"Why would Xped, Intel or anyone else go off spruiking ADRC when there is nothing yet for people to buy?

I would think it reputationally damaging if consumers started downloading the current App, for example, without any connected devices available"

That observation is just naïve and plain wrong.

Actually, you had better take the Xped boys to task for doing that very thing on a number of occasions over the past year.

At the Iot Asia conference almost a year ago, for example, RYG announced:

"Raya Group Ltd (ASX: RYG) ("Raya" or "the Company") wishes to announce that Xped Holdings Limited ("Xped") will be exhibiting at the IoT Asia 2016 event held in Singapore on 30-31 March 2016.
    The Company will be demonstrating a range of products and devices utilising its Auto Discovery Remote Control ("ADRC") technology to industry attendees of the event. The team has been working diligently to finalise products for the event and will be on hand to liaise with industry peers and organisations on ways to incorporate and engage ADRC into their products and solutions"

So, a year later, XPE has no products to exhibit?

But that is beside the point anyway. CES is much more than selling consumer products. It is ALSO about the technology underpinning trends in relevant consumer markets. Such as IoT and the widespread push for interoperability standards. The reason OCF was at CES despite the fact that it has NO PRODUCTS to sell.

You also say that:

"One of the great things about being an investor is you don't have to put in the work once you have made a decision to buy a company. You simply go along for the ride and trust the talent within the business to get the job done"

That may be reasonable advice for a blue chip but for a highly speculative stock, such as XPE, with no or little income and requiring to raise cash through expensive CN's, it is just plain reckless. Stocks at this end of the market - especially one as volatile as this - running from 2c to 11c and back to high 2c's - really need to be watched like a hawk. Or at least have sensible stop losses in place, if no time to watch.

And finally, your comment "good luck to all the silent holders out there who don't rely on ADRC being mentioned in every IOT article ever published to justify their fundamental analysis of this technology" is just a sarcastic weasel phrase and cheap shot!

I never inferred that ADRC needed to be mentioned in every IoT article - or anything like it. But it is important - if you want to do your due diligence - to know what is in those articles. Where ADRC appears to be standing in relation to its actual and potential competitors. Particularly as the industry is changing and developing almost on a daily basis.

I am merely contributing to that necessary discourse. But your response - together with the support you gained for it - just confirms that, by and large, I am wasting my time. Too many here - not all, as there are a few excellent contributors although many of the good ones have left - are not interested in authentic, candid, objective discussion and, instead, are just one stock lovers, group thinkers, scared rabbits caught in the headlights, unabashed rampers or manipulators.

The discussion has become puerile and boring, so I'm out of here.
    Last edited by vintage: 19/01/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.862M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 91166 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.