CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

Ceto 6 Environmental Management Plan, page-2

1. 17,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1214
    The Ceto 5 site was fairly close to shore and inside a reef, close to Garden Island. They went with a drilled and grouted foundation presumably because the geology of the sea floor is rock.

The option to place a 3,500 gravity foundation at that site was probably not available for the above reasons.

The Ceto 6 site however, is in much deeper water and the sea floor is sandy, (according to the report). The depth of the water and distance from shore, would make the gravity foundation more likely I would think.

In the recent presentation, MO mentioned that several components with long lead times were already being manufactured. I wonder if one or more concrete and steel gravity foundations might be among those components referred to?

Avoiding the need for a jackup barge would save them money, so perhaps the gravity foundation might win out.

A 70 x 25 x 4m block of steel and concrete would soon turn into a reef through natural processes, much the same as a sunken ship.

If anyone notices a concrete slab the size of two basketball courts being towed out of Fremantle, please let us know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.