RIN rinker group limited

cfd trade from hell, page-4

1. 1,143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    be rest assured that you are not alone - everybody on this forum has fallen/is falling into this position at some stage
    I started with CFD's about 7 months ago and made a great call on MCC - it virtually doubled my initial 10K investment. I banked the 10K profit and started again with the orginal 10K. In the last 5 months I have made a tiny $5K on my CFD account and I have traded regularly. What I found is the following
    1. When you get ahead start moving your stop loss up from its original position so that you always at least bank some profit. I took too too many easy gains (on MBL) instead of riding it hard from $58 and if I had have kept my position and increased my stop loss I would have made about $30K just on MBL.
    2. Always put a stop loss in place (even if its very tight). If it gets hits and then reverses (ie just like Keycorp did to me a few weeks ago), just cop it on the chin and swear.

As for RIN - I am now about $2k down and bought again today at 12.64. I am hopeful of a bounce over the next couple of days to at least get me back to $13ish and then I will follow step 1 above. My stop loss at the moment is $12.42.

Also, just one comment, while my MCC was a lucky call, its best to play safe than try to pick a top that is falling. ANZ or SUN would have been better to at least get you a win.

Best of luck - I will ride it with you

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.