Great Post @threebeez , Much appreciated for taking time to put...

1. 13,333 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    Great Post @threebeez ,
    Much appreciated for taking time to put down valuable experience and perspective.

I think either CFD or normal share trading/investing, most lose money (except the one who got an experience mentor) by the time we figure out our inner strengths and weaknesses and more importantly the style/strategy. To Win - we always have to learn from our mistakes and bring positive change.

Well, after near 7 years in Share Investment & Trading (S-L term & even day trade); I now got pretty good idea of who I am and what my style is. Now trying to get to CFD (still in demo though) to benefit from both side of stock/market moves. I was planning to apply same strategy as I use for share trading, which is pretty much profitable for now & reading ur post seems like if I use my TA + FA skills as usual I shall do okay. I must mention most my long picks takes 2-10 days to play out & get to my targets but with CFD i can also take advantage of short side too.

While playing with demo, realise to put stop loss and mostly only few pips away from buy/sell but realise mostly it would get hit. So u kind of agree with you to leave more money off the table to cover margin and set comfortable stop loss rather only a pip or three away.

Any more advice for new CFD trader. I would be using IG.

Cheers
    J

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.