CFME and safety - hilarious, page-22

1. 34,946 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    you obviously havent been around that long then. a cert 4 is available - my missus has one - however many come out of uni or are you unaware of that - like the 22 year old who started at gorgon as a fully fledged safety rep who knew absolutely nothing and was trying to educate men that have been in the industry for 40 years.

as for fat gutted union safety reps - most are slugs and more than you think do side deals with the company. you havent been in the game that long so i give you a bit of leeway. and commercial jobs? maybe you should go into major construction to see how its all done. ive had many arguements with "safety reps" and most dont want to know or are too busy setting themselves up. they do a walk around the site twice a day then head back to the safety of the desk and dream up ideas to justify their existance and invent paperwork for the worker to fill out wasting time and money.

90% are a waste of space. back in my day old almost retired riggers usually got the job because of experience and knowledge that cannot be learnt or bought.

good call by the rc to call up as a witness a union dolly who has no quals whatsoever to highlight the folly of these people

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.