I never said their efforts were competent which well you know. I...

1. 9,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25967
    I never said their efforts were competent which well you know. I said all of Federal Government has been incompetent. I simply point out that the idea the CFMEU might be corrupt is not new. You even agree by referencing 2015 but the evidence is it was corrupt for years going way back before the Rudd Gillard Governments.

The point remains whether the whole of Federal Government has been incompetent as I suggest faced with the knowledge that all those in Federal Government have had through these years only the Labor Party has been taking donations in substantial sums and opposing the incompetent attempts by the LNP to try and break the power of the CFMEU.

Now we know the current Prime Minister does not have time to read all the documents presented him he admitted as much during the Voice to Parliament debates so maybe he has been living under a rock since 1996 and nobody ever hinted to him that the CFMEU might have problems.

Perhaps he was on a pair through out the Cole Royal Commission debates in Parliament.

Perhaps over the last two years since he was Prime Minister the responsible Labor representative on the Committee receiving the confidential reports for Police about the activities of organised criminal bikie groups did not know that the CFMEU donated significant sums to the Labor Party and so did not tell the Prime Minister or perhaps he did in writing and it was one of those many reports that the Prime Minister did not bother to read on the basis 'why would I.' (his words.)

If you want to argue that the LNP has been incompetent do not come to me because I agree but if this argument has any value then the findings that the NSW Police were incompetent in investigating the gay bashing deaths should be sufficient reason not to reinvestigate same all these years later and bring their murderers to justice.

There are many examples of failed investigations due to incompetence. Ivan Milat could have been stopped earlier had Police incompetence not intervened but this earlier incompetence was not an excuse for other Police to later do a competent investigation and stop his serial killing.

I am not a fanboy for the LNP but the fact remains the Labor Party was the only party taking hefty donations from the CFMEU throughout this entire period.

I assume that if you try to continue this debate with me you also believe that the CFMEU is not a corrupted criminal organisation and that it was entirely reasonable for the Labor Party to accept their hefty donations and that the Prime Minister was never previously made aware of the opinions of Police and others as to its conduct and links to bikies.

My opinion only DYOR

Fact Finder

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.