CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

CGB - 1.9c to 7.2c - What will happen in the next 6 months., page-1086

1. 11,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 565
    I appreciate all views, and I think all we all have is opinions here, with perhaps an occasional fact here or there, so no worries on that.

The federal laws are what matters for drug policy in Australia, and in Canada, and if you go back through time, you'll see British Columbia, the first state to want Weed legalisation in Canada, they actually achieved that in 2001 with their act. The government turned the other way, and when I moved here (2014) it was pretty much everywhere, even though the shops selling it were technically illegal under federal law.

It took until 2018 (17 years) from that first state to the federal government making it legal federally, and thus opening up the market.

This state move, if you read into the background was pushed by 2 parties, the greens, who align with Canada's view on legalisation, and the labor party, who wanted to use it to move police action away from consumers and into organised large distributions of weed and other drugs (as per their drug policy).

So the attitude in Oz really hasn't changed enough to warrant a 'cannabis explosion' like Canada has had. Even after legalisation, many weed stocks are having huge growth pains, and the hype far exceeded the returns to date.

As for the business model, we will just agree to disagree here. I see a lot of JV's but no solid game plan for any specific product or direction, huge fees being paid to every person involved and no structure to get them into profit. Maybe they'll prove me wrong and all their sticks in the fire will pan out, but so far, only one is generating revenue and it's doing so at a cost of goods that is higher than what its being sold for.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.