CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Hi @StringkingAbsolutely. Thing is - all Boards and directors...

1. 3,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1878
    Hi @Stringking

Absolutely.

Thing is - all Boards and directors need to be accountable each and every day that they turn up to work at CGB.

I think that asking the hard questions at an AGM is one thing. However, it has been my experience (like politicians) that some Board members (of whatever company) will turn up ready to cop some flack from shareholders. They will either divert, defer or, demonstrate when faced with the hard questions. If pushed, many of them promise to look into it the issues or, get the questioner after the meeting in a 1 one 1 for a bit of "smoothing over". Many Board members (of whatever company) will 'weather the storm' for the meeting - then hop in their cars, head off for a shareholder funded lunch and spend the next 12 months doing what the want - a bit like politicians do every 3 or so years.

Questions for accountability are - I think - does the CGB 'Corporate Governance Statement' reflect (insofar as it is practical) the ASX's, 'Corporate
    Governance Principles and Recommendations, 4th Edition, February 2019
    ' (link below).

So prior to heading to an AGM it might be useful to compare this - https://www.asx.com.au/documents/asx-compliance/cgc-principles-and-recommendations-fourth-edn.pdf
    to this - https://www.canngloballimited.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/CGB-190726-Corporate-Governance-Statement.pdf

I think when holders do that and ask questions related to those documents - that becomes the essence of accountability - I think. It's not everything but it's a good start.

Apparently, so the ASX believes it ot be important which I think is why they would go to all of the effort putting that document together. biggrin.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.