CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Good post.I also think that CGB needs to shake the Volcan...

1. 3,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1877
    Good post.

I also think that CGB needs to shake the Volcan millstone loose or, at least, try and diminish its position within the top 20. In doing so, I think that the company could then initiate a strategy that focuses on improving financial performance, communication and business development.

Why do I label Volcan a millstone? Simple, they haven't paid their debt of $1,200,000 and they have been loaned additional monies. Why the CGB BOD would resolve to loan money to Volcan is completely beyond me. And let's be clear, the 'impaired' loan and additional interest free loans to related entities ought to be of interest to all CGB shareholders

As for the outstanding $1,200,000 (including all of the outstanding interest free / unsecured loans) those funds could be used in many ways. Employing MM expertise and a dedicated business development team - would be one positive move. Surely, that must be more prudent and commercially sound than simply letting those funds be endlessly bound up with Volcan and essentially 'doing squat' for CGB holders.

Again, the question must be asked - why is CGB loaning money to Volcan and AGMPL? Given the size of the losses across the company over the previous year that should cease immediately. CGB should be put first.

Anyone who gets paid by CGB is an employee of CGB and works for the shareholders. Not the other way around. Shareholders are much more than the mere suppliers of cash - or they should be! They own the business and all of its assets including the cash in the bank.

In my view - I think the following are priorities.
    1. Initiate a complete program of financial review including calling in all debts and loans.
    2. Immediately retrieve from Volcan the outstanding $1,200,000 - this might force them to sell some of their holding thereby reducing their position within CGB top 20.
    3. Undertale a thorough review of expenditure across the company. 'Management services' contracts should be made to bid in an open and transparent process for the contracts. If they re the cheapest and most efficient for whatever services they contract for the so be it - but let's find out.
    4. Implement a policy of no loans to any related entity / party.
    5. Start a strategic communication process with the shareholders about the progress of the business. The HC rep does not appear to address the critical issues. He my not be permitted to - who knows? Fact is, many questions remain unanswered. Many questions by some posters have simply remained unanswered.

I was also anticipating that the standard response to questions like this have been is, "... ring the company they're always willing to discuss things etc.". As an alternative, why doesn't one of the Board members come onto HC?

Just a few ideas. biggrin.png
    Last edited by Basileus: 27/10/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.