CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Thought this was an interesting post and credit to @amb005 for...

1. 3,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1919
    Thought this was an interesting post and credit to @amb005 for his research on another stock, relating to content I have been posting about the difficulty of stocks, particularly penny stocks, trading as public companies.

I keep my eye on CGB because they are focused on preserving funds until they get the right management or right deal to try and get this ship out of port.

amb005 posts a sobering thought as to the success rates of ASX companies and why I suggest people follow the market movements rather than listen to commentary on these forums.

He writes:
    "I have been looking at articles on the history of companies on the ASX, its actually quite eye opening to realise that we over the years there have been around 37 500 listed on the ASX, and only around 2 300 listed today, so only 6% of all listed companies ever are still listed, and of that small percentages of survivors listed only around 500 make money.

500 companies (around 20% of the current listed stocks, or just 1.3% of the all companies that have been listed in Australia) are profitable and paying dividends. Interestingly but maybe not surprising nearly half of their combined total profits and dividends come from just six companies – the big four banks, BHP and RIO, which are all more than 100 years old.

110 other companies listed (around 5% of companies listed today, or under 0.003% of all companies ever listed ) are profitable but pay no dividends.

That leaves the remaining 75% of currently-listed companies around 1,720 companies that are barely solvent and will probably run out of money at some point and suffer the same fate as the 33,000 other companies over the years that just dissappear from the ASX worthless."

Its quite dismal when you look at the reality of it all, but using that info just shows really it is so hard to get a winner, basically 98% of stocks listed dissappear worthless."

CGB could fail or succeed, only time will tell. We are only at the halfway point of the pharma business development cycle. I hope these guys nail the right deal or are getting some traction with the deals that are still active. Not easy out there at the moment for any publicly listed company.
    Last edited by Neil1959: 19/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.