CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

I started doing some very basic research and have questions...

1. 2,389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 676
    I started doing some very basic research and have questions which are general in nature related to the financial structures of listed entities, the question is simple really and should anyone be able to shed light on this it would be greatly appreciated so here goes: Cgb among many others on the ASX have a wholly owned subsidiary or a number of them in some cases these are partially owned by the parent listed entity, the question is are the subsidiary business publicly accountable or is only the profit or loss attributable to that entity required to be part of the audited published accounts----------------having seen a number of these even very large ASX company financial statements it is apparent the detail of these businesses does not appear in the accounts, or at least I have not noticed them , I recall delving into WES, WOW and what is now COL and was amazed at the complexity and discovered all these smaller businesses that were owned or attached in some way to the parent. This means a company is not truly transparent and that only the listed entity published its accounts is reportable,perhaps with notes saying this division or that division were impacted by -----alternatively it might say due to increased demand for profits are up in ------however no detail is ever provided or not that I am aware of, So if that were the case with CGB its structure must be built on a myriad of enterprises which they receive fees from or contribute toward development as such with every other similar entity listed on the ASX shareholders are not required to grant approval unless it is a major financial transaction, so then this becomes a critical element where we are solely reliant on the integrity of the BOD and management, this complexity in structures explains the weak link for shareholders for numerous companys I have come across any thoughts out there

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.