AXD alexander resources limited

Gold production of CGT area is higher then BGF's area!Bendigo...

1. 34,500 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Gold production of CGT area is higher then BGF's area!

Bendigo 684 tonnes

Ballarat 160 tonnes
    Buninyong

Castlemaine 180 tonnes
    Chewton
    Fryerstown

GREAT GOLD FIELDS OF VICTORIA
    by Cecelia Roberts
    During the 1850's some of the most productive gold fields found in the world poured forth gold in unbelievable quantities. The nuggets found in this highly auriferous ground included the largest in the world, the "Welcome Stranger".

Those of us who detect for a hobby, have our special places and our pre-conceived ideas as to exactly where the gold really came from. I held those views too, but recently when I did some research, I found that where I thought the gold was or had come from displayed a very limited understanding of exactly where it did come.

It should be recognised that although what is disclosed are the official figures, the real figures are more likely to be close to double these figures. The government collated figures are from actual gold sold and or recorded officially.
    Perhaps the greatest surprise to me was that Bendigo in Central Victoria is by far the greatest gold producing area in the Golden Triangle. I had mistakenly thought that Bendigo and Ballarat were similar in gold produced. In fact with Bendigo producing a whopping 684 tons and Ballarat just 161 tons, the gap is astonishing. Perhaps that's why I spend more time in the Whipstick these days.

But among other gold fields that hold surprises are the Castlemaine - Chewton area at 180 tons, and Stawell, with 90 tons - and still producing.
    The Dunolly area only ever produced 6.3 tons, while St. Arnaud that underdone auriferous area I often scratch around in produced 13 tons, even more than Maryborough at 12 tons.

Something of interest to the detector enthusiast is that both Beaufort and Haddon produced over 7 tons - totally from alluvial production.
    Outside the Golden Triangle the area of Chiltern - Rutherglen produced 47 tons, mainly from alluvial and Beechworth - Eldoraro 40 tons, again mainly from alluvial diggings. Undoubtedly what is provided in the graph below will enlighten and provide a far greater insight into just where the gold really is. By no means is it all gone as plenty will tell you, as they reap the rich rewards that are still there for the taking.

This is a great guide for detectorists - it not only provides an insight into just where the gold was found right from the beginnings of the gold rush period - but gives a good guide into the alluvial deposits and their volumes throughout the great gold fields of Victoria.
    It is amazing to realise that officially over 1800 tons of gold has come from these gold fields to date. Bearing in mind that this is a totally conservative figure - possibly about 3,000 tons have come from this ground to date. For me - I'm going to get my share - and soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.