SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

chairman visit update missing bits

1. 176 Posts.
    Title: Open Briefing®. Sundance. Chairman Site Visit Update
    Record of interview:

corporatefile.com.au
    Sundance Resources recently visited the 90% owned Mbalam Iron Ore Project in
    Cameroon. Can you outline the purpose of the visit and your general impressions?
    Chairman George Jones
    The purpose of my recent visit to Cameroon was primarily to review the status of our
    exploration program and to gain a direct personal view of the prospective mining area
    and its potential. I also wanted to meet senior Government officials to gauge the
    commitment of Government and the level of support that Government can bring to our
    project.
    Overall, it was an extremely positive visit. We received great support for our project
    and, in particular, a commitment to work jointly to develop the project as rapidly as
    possible with operational commencement targeted for 2011. I met with the Minister
    for Mines and we both travelled to site together with the Governor of the East
    Province, where the Mbalam project is located. I received great encouragement and
    enthusiasm from both. They were very impressed with our rapid progress on site in
    establishing and commencing our exploration work, and they were pleased to see the
    level of local employment and community engagement that we are already supporting.
    The Minister arranged a welcome dinner for our delegation with the attendance of
    senior Cameroon officials. The Minister also facilitated a meeting with the Secretary
    General's office of the President of Cameroon.
    The Government's commitment to assist us was reflected in reaching agreement on
    our timetable to negotiate a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in respect of the
    fiscal terms underpinning the project. We are aiming to complete this MOU by end
    2007. The Minister also gave his personal commitment to facilitate rapid export of
    drilling samples for analysis outside of Cameroon.
    In terms of our exploration program, I was certainly excited by what I saw of the
    Mbarga prospect, which as you know is the initial focus of our recently commenced
    drilling program. I traversed a significant extent of the Mbarga prospect, which
    extends over a strike length of at least 2-3 kilometres. I observed significant surface
    outcrop of very high grade hematite which, based on my experience in the iron ore
    industry, I estimate would grade anywhere between 64 and 68% Fe. I am sufficiently
    encouraged by what I observed of the permit area to commit to a significant
    acceleration of our current exploration work. I am now working with our
    management team to facilitate this acceleration.
    In terms of supporting infrastructure, I was pleased to see that we have established
    access to site and the general topography should allow reasonably ready development
    of permanent project infrastructure such as mine access and railworks.
    I also had follow up meetings with investors in the UK and the US after my visit to
    Cameroon. These meetings demonstrated very significant capital market support for
    high quality iron ore projects. I am confident that we will be able to raise the
    necessary capital to develop this project on the basis of our exploration program
    confirming a major high grade hematite resource within the Mbalam permit area.

corporatefile.com.au
    How important is the support of the Government in developing this project?
    Chairman George Jones
    Government support is critical to the development and success of our project.
    Ultimately, it is a partnership between Sundance Resources and the Cameroon
    Government. The project needs to deliver a win-win outcome for both parties. We
    can achieve this by delivering jobs and significant benefits to local communities in
    Cameroon and by delivering a commercially attractive return to Sundance
    shareholders.
    The support of the Government is key to our development timeline and it was very
    pleasing to note the Government's vigorous support for our 2011 target for
    commencement of operations. The Government expressed its strong desire to assist
    Sundance wherever it can to meet this timeline.

corporatefile.com.au
    What are the attractions to working in Cameroon? What are the operational and
    logistical challenges that accompany this start up project?
    Managing Director Don Lewis
    The Mbalam Iron Ore Project is a strategic development for Cameroon. The
    Government and the community want the project to succeed as it has the potential to
    transform the economy and deliver very significant employment and business
    opportunities. Development of the project will also facilitate broader progress in the
    country's development in terms of infrastructure and logistics support.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.