AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

chalcocite potential

1. 265 Posts.
    Hi Fellow AVB holders, its a bit long but the chalcocite has me doing reseach on the reasons why and how the deposits are formed.

I have spent a little bit of time actually going back through the SFR story and how it unfolded, the SFR story is nothing short of fantastic for its investors and it shows what top class management can do in a very short period of time taking a company from 5c to a recent of $7.54 in around 18 months or so. A remarkable job is an understatement for the SFR team.

Taking a close look at all of the drilling results one thing has really stood out and thats the depth of the major ore starting around 100m and as deep as around 670m, they can certainly open cut the shallow high grade direct shipping ore(around 50m) but the open cut may soon be finished at 100m or 150m, the rest of the resource unless its enormous will have to be extracted from an underground operation,very deep open cuts need a really large resource to be viable. Mt Keith Nickel for example.

On July 19th when SFR hit some really high grade copper,they hit 8m at 27% Cu with silver and gold credits, great result however the thing that takes the real shine away is the depth, its at 146m

2nd of august SFR then hit 32m at 18% but starting at 175m again with gold and silver credits.

Novemebr 4th SFR hits 5m @ 15% Copper from 670m.

As far as the best grades for SFR they have also like AVB been in the Chalcocite, the best they had was 28m @ 52% from 49 meters, this is a cracker to say the least but it was the only one they have struck in this leage which is compareable to AVB. They have more around the 20 to 25% copper.

Further more SFR have qouted also a direct shipping ore component to their resource and you will be surprised how similar it is with AVB's.

SFR current direct shipping ore stands @ 151k Tonnes at 25.6 Cu, 2.6 G per tonne Au and 21 G per tonne Ag, for a total of 39,000 Tonnes of copper metal.

AVB currently has a DSO Copper resource standing at 211k Tonnes at 11.65% Copper for 24,000 Tonnes of copper metal.(Resource upgrade coming)

This high grade resource is going to increase we all know that, how much is the question? We already have one thumping 50% copper interval with plenty other 20/25% copper hits to back it up, we also have 20 holes remaining which if they can deliver more of the rich stuff,the AVB DSO resource may very well be rubbing shoulders with the elite SFR DSO resource.

Below is a link and maybe a bit of eductaion for what the Chalcocite could mean for AVB, Chalcocite is usually a secondary source of copper which is usually lies in shallow deposits like we have and also SFR, whats extremely exciting about AVB's chalcocite body is the fact of what could be lying below the chalcocite, the chalcocite that AVB has didnt just appear,it most likely the secondary deposit from a major primary source probably consisting of Chalcopyrite at greater depths again much like the SFR example which is a great model to study.

I havnt been able to locate any Electro Magnetic survey's for AVB and i feel that AVB needs to get this done ASAP if they havnt got it already. The recent 2000m for 34 holes is only around 60m deep on average, i think that AVB should be doing a couple of really deep vertical holes atleast to test the depth to atleast 200m and see whats lying below the DSO chalcocite pod. I really hope that the company has the ambition to test down deep below what is likely to be a secondary high grade Chalcocite cap of a major primary copper resource

http://www.mineralprospector.com/chalcocite-enrichments.

The difference between SFR and AVB is it looks like AVB has located the small rich secondary resource prior to the larger primary at depth.

The rest of the other targets is a whole other story. AVB desperately needs a very agressive drilling campaign to kick into gear ASAP. Great to see Friday have a small reversal, this should create some forward momentum, next week will be interesting to say the least!

Good luck AVB holders!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.