CHN 2.04% $1.68 chalice mining limited

Chalice team receives prestigious PDAC 2023 Thayer Lindsley Award for the Julimar Ni-Cu-PGE discovery

1. 77 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4863/4863999-5a0deedbba8fa7809ba5b828b680eee5.jpg

Chalice Mining is pleased to advise its team has been named the winner of the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) 2023 Thayer Lindsley Award.

Awarded to Dr Kevin Frost, General Manager – Discovery and Growth, Morgan Frejabise for the Julimar Nickel-Copper-Platinum Group Element (PGE) discovery, this accolade recognises an individual or a team of explorationists credited with a significant mineral discovery anywhere in the world.

The award will be presented to the Chalice team during the annual PDAC Convention on Tuesday, 8 March 2023. Dr Frost and Alex Dorsch, Chalice MD & CEO, will also jointly deliver the prestigious ‘New Discoveries Keynote Presentation’ on Wednesday, 8 March 2023.

The award honours the memory of Thayer Lindsley, one of the most accomplished mine finders of the past century, who was inducted into the Canadian Mining Hall of Fame in 1989. Mr Lindsley either founded or was involved in the development of many famous Canadian mining companies, including Falconbridge, Sherritt Gordon, Frobisher, Giant Yellowknife, Canadian Malartic and United Keno Hill.

Alex Dorsch, Chalice MD & CEO
    said, “We are extremely proud to receive this prestigious award, an honour which reflects the world-class nature of the Julimar discovery and the tremendous exploration potential of the new West Yilgarn province. It is a credit to Kevin and Morgan, who looked beyond conventional wisdom, acted quickly to secure the tenure and then dared to challenge pre-conceived ideas. To also make the discovery so cost effectively speaks to their mine-finding instincts and pedigree.

The discovery in 2020 has been advanced rapidly to a largely indicated resource and our understanding of the mineral system has increased exponentially over this time, which is a credit to the entire Chalice exploration team. Given only a fraction of the >30km Julimar Complex has been explored thus far, the team remain incredibly excited and motivated to continue exploration at pace.”

Award recipient Dr Frost, Chalice GM - Discovery and Growth also added, "It’s a great honour to be a joint recipient of such a coveted award and I’d like to sincerely thank the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada for the recognition. The fact that the Julimar discovery was made in an underexplored frontier area, thought to have limited potential, just on the outskirts of a capital city, reinforces the notion that geoscientists need to think outside the box to unearth the next round of new mineral discoveries.

The discovery has re-rated the prospectivity of the entire region and I am very excited to apply the knowledge gained and unlock further value across the >30km long Julimar Complex and elsewhere within the West Yilgarn magmatic province”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.68
Change
-0.035(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $653.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.66 $1.70 $1.64 $5.112M 3.054M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5970 $1.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.69 29210 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.68
  Change
-0.035 ( 1.76 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.66 $1.70 $1.64 484453
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
CHN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.