challenge to ms gillard, page-23

1. 4,045 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    He decided to put the GST policy forward in 1998, when he had a 48 seat majority. He knew he couldn't lose the election. Remember the voting stood at 51.5% Labor, 48.5% coalition at that election. I would say that meant the majority of people voted against it. Labor won back more than 20 seats at that election.

Yes the usual ALP Fear & Smear Campaign nearly worked for them, but unlucky for them their BS didn't work well enough. And the Coalition was voted back in to power on the back of the introduction of the GST.

Then it took the ALP's next big Fear & Smear Campaign over Workchoices to finally steal back government in 2007.

jimmy1979 I respectfully suggest that you take your own advice & remove your rose coloured glasses, The Truth is Out There but hard to see if you're blinkered.

The introduction of the GST = Tax Reform & voted in by the people after being told about it honestly.

The introduction of a Carbon Tax = An Extra Tax not condoned by the people after dishonestly telling us that it would not happen.

Yes I see an enormous difference between what Howard did and what Gillard is doing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.