CHM 0.00% 1.8¢ chimeric therapeutics limited

Neil_WA"Yes but if you iproper;y acquired $550K from another...

1. 709 Posts.
    Neil_WA

"Yes but if you iproper;y acquired $550K from another party and then spent $550K on a new house the party from which it was stolen have no claim on the house. They have a claim against you for the $550K which you could repay however you like - but not property bought. It may be that you would have to sell the property to pay back the money - but if you got $2M for the property you still only have to pay back $550K (+ interest)."

You may have a point but the 'House' may be considered 'proceeds of crime' and be subject to seizure. While the state is usually the main beneficery of seized asset the 'victim/s" may also make claims against those assets.

I now nothing about the law but I am punting on AH knowing it. They seem to have invested a considerable amount of time on CHM's claim so I am prepared to accept as stated in their second announcement of Friday 30NOV that the CHM claim is "serious and substantial'.

As yet MMX has not responded to this announcement which also stated that MMX prior response that the CHM claim had no foundation was a'significant misrepresentation' and creating a less than fully informed martket. Though I would expect MMX to respond via its legal reps.

We who know nothing will just have to wait and see how this drama unfolds.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $17.55K 951.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 2478600 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 1586922 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CHM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.