ABI ambri limited

change in strategy

1. 40 Posts.
    Its worth noting what I percieve is a change in strategy by AMBRI. Initially I think they had the view that they could do it all alone. Since then the BEL alliance has seen significant progress with 2nd generation silicon based sensor. Now the goal is to find more partners in the area of human health diagnostics.

So either they see this as necessity given limited funds or there is a more positive aspect, that they see the technology becoming all pervasive and so the best strategy is to collaborate with as many partners as possible, or a few majors, to speed the penetration rate.

This is an important consideration for current shareholders, as if they where to try to displace current competitors, even with superior technology, the cost of doing so would probably be much greater than by collaborations where the partners share the costs.

The inability to get a functional Troponin test in the recent CVT work would indicate that it is not a simple task to develop antibodies that are highly specific.

It will be interesting to see if they can align with a significant partner, in the same manner as with BEL, to go forward. The AGM chairman's speach alludes to such a prospect in Roche via new CEO Roman Zwolenski.

If a major partnership, there will probably be a dilution due to the takeup of a shareholding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.