RIV 0.00% $16.20 riversdale mining limited

change in substantial holding notice due, page-10

1. 5,609 Posts.
    there is no current top20. you could email the company and ask for it. i think we might find that several funds have sold down. some of these funds can only hold the stock if the company has a certain market cap. some funds re-balance their holdings on price movements as well. I think you will find this has happened across all resource stocks. I am also sure that a lot of these funds did not want to sell, but you get forced into this situation in markets like this. I would hate to run an index fund. They have to weight a holding near the top of the market and sell it near the bottom. No wonder they don't perform that well. The secret is not to invest your money in these sorts of funds and buy the stock when they are forced out. The register was very tight and we saw a lot of computer related small trades in the past. This has changed with this bear market and a lot of stock has come out now. People like talbot have been soaking the stock up down here for the next leg up. It would not take a lot of buying from a decent fund to clean all this stock out. Its a pity talbot did not have another 5% to buy down here, that might do the trick. Tata or another buyer may decide to top up their holdings while they can. I firmly see the stock a lot higher next year when things settle down and people work out that coal is here to stay. I noticed that a decent buyer stepped in on friday to take out a lot of stock. It will take some time, but look for the sellers to dry up soon imo. Then the stock could bounce back over $3 short term. A big bid for Felix resources might also help restore peoples confidence that the sector is oversold and provide a platform for a valuation etc.dyor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.