Change is inevitable. If we embrace it we win; resist it, we lose, page-83

1. 15,590 Posts.
    I think what worries people about the Muslims, is the apparent ease in which they are turned into zealots who act with authority of a skyfairy to run over citizens in the streets and on bridges, go walkabout with a sword looking to lop heads off people going from point a to b, openly disavowing the cultural norms of their new home, demand special treatment, seemingly settling into a life of welfare indolence, are the new membership of the 1%er motorbike outlaws, parading themselves in an impractical identity costume, etc.

It's hard to distinguish the assimilated from wouldbe enemy of democracy, secularism and individualism, so we instinctively don't trust the mob by default, not hysteria or paranoia. Of course there are good muslims out there, we all know one or hundred, but there's a big but with innate trust. I don't think the Greeks and Italians suffered that stigma, they just came in for the same stick the POMS did as I recall.

If you go around wearing the garb and spruiking foreign rules/beliefs you really do set yourself up as a cultural attache good or bad and you just have to cop it sweet or do as the Romans do.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.