MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

change of strategy, page-7

1. 6,758 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 285
    so the focus is on a new ballgame. good stuff.

although, being only 20 metres away from the high grade assays at Maxwells reef, i wonder if they will still chase the ore there, or go after Burns reef.

the 2006 channel sampling of Burns reef returned an average grade of something like 72g/t. however, as Burns reef dips from north to south towards the Main Shaft, this makes level 6 closer to the Main Shaft than Burns reef on levels 4 - 5. so maybe level 6 would be a good spot to go pick some gold nuggets. level 6 also would have remnant ore from Whitelaws reef too, just to add to the mix.

on 27/6/2006 it was announced that channel sampling of Burns reef on level 6, over approx. 88 metres of exposed reef, averaged 66.7g/t Au.

if you check out the report 27/2/2007 it notes that infill channel sampling on level 6 averaged 149g/t - 577g/t for an average grade of 356g/t. i assume the infill sampling was because this zone is extremely high grade & the co. wanted more info as this zone was earmarked for near term mining? no idea how long this zone is within the 88 metres of exposed reef. also, the co. makes an important note that repeat assays average 40% more than the assay grades actually quoted !!!!!!!

from memory the exposed reef at this spot is 150 - 400mm width & highly laminated. incidently, further north on level 4, Burns reef is up to 750mm wide.

so that is my 2-bob's worth. i wonder what Peter Hepburn-Brown thinks of extracting ore from Burns reef in the near term zone? find out in april maybe?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.