EGO 0.00% 12.0¢ empire oil & gas nl

Change to Deed of Company Arrangement

1. 8,549 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2818
    We have now seen the proposal to alter the DOCA, such that EGO shell can be sold off the a new party.
    (I think a more appropriate name for the EGO corporate "shell" would be "carcass". And like its shareholders, it has also been hung out to dry!)
    So after a quick read it seems that existing EGO share position is:
    1. each s/h gets his shares consolidation at 1:20
    2. Trident appoint all 3 directors of EGO
    3. EGO makes a Placement of 50.75m new shares at 2c = $1.015m
    4. EGO shares theoretically would be worth 2c each

So currrently there are 102m shares. After consolidation will be 5.1m old shares. After issue of 50.75m new shares will be 55.85m shares. So existing s/h will be diluted to just 9.1% of total capital.

the Conditions Precedent for this to occur are:

- Approval is required by shareholders at a full shareholders meeting.
    - ASX approval required.

So my question is this:
    Is MIN allowed to vote??????

If so - WHY !!??

MIN's position is totally conflicted IMHO.
    - MIN was biggest Secured Creditor
    - MIN appointed the Receivers in first place
    - MIN is biggest Unsecured creditor
    - MIN was is instigator/of this Proposal. That's according to the Deed Administrator.
    - MIN clearly must have an interest in this Proposal, because it has declared it supports this Proposal (and not the others). WHY?
    - MIN has taken over all the assets of EGO
    - MIN has reportedly recruited the EGO mgt
    - Admin sought MIN's approval for this proposal
    - MIN must have comprehensive knowledge of this Proposal that other shareholders do not -ie inside knowledge.
    - if this proposal goes ahead, it will mean the following will not go ahead:

"5.6 Liquidation
    In the event that creditors resolve that the Company be wound up, the Company will be placed into Liquidation. The Liquidators will then be required to complete further investigations into the Company’s affairs and past actions of directors. "

I do not know - but I fear that MIN will be able to vote - or rather claim that it can vote. And given the way minority s/h have been treated through all this process, we cannot expect any action by the Administrators to argue on our behalf. We cannot expect any support from the Director/Shareholders, even though they will be the biggest losers.

Also, we do not know who will subscribe for the shares under the Placement.
    Also, trident will appoint 3 directors - who are they? who will be Independent? Who will look after the interests of the Existing shareholders?

MIN's vote will carry the day.
    MIN should not be allowed to Vote !!

Same, same. It never stops

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.