PCL 6.25% 1.5¢ pancontinental energy nl

STL, phew, big ask...a lot can be said about RSI, but we could...

1. 1,854 Posts.
    STL, phew, big ask...

a lot can be said about RSI, but we could begin by noting the experts suggest using it more as confirmation and not as a leading indicator

momentum indicators like macd and, lol, momentum, along with the fast and slow stochastics are confirmation indicators i use - all to support price patterns, which are my primary tool

supply and demand zones, trendlines, fibonacci retracements and extensions....all needed, but the real kicker is price, which makes us money or otherwise, and which moves most rapidly when sentiment is at an extreme

gauging the sentiment is of course tricky, but i felt today was the day, and it seems to have borne out that way so far

coming back to your specific question about RSI: notice how it kept making higher lows as price stagnated with rising macd?

suddenly we found ourselves with macd sitting on zero with the exponential moving averages of 50 and 200 flatteneing out

the market was changing gears

price sat there, savaging the impatient, wearing down the traders who work on credit, not cash, and those who just couldn't take it any longer for one reason or another

all the while price sat quite comfortably on the 50 dma in the zone i highlighted with a rectangle

did something have to give?

i don't know, i'm just following the money, but it has given up trying to go lower

perhaps sentiment has changed...

the confirmation isn't there just yet, but volume is there relative to yesterday and the week and month at this point in time

so too are the other indicators, most particularly the fast and slow stochastics on the daily chart

i use per minute charts to time my entry in all stocks

rsi might stay here for some time if the market is bullish

price appears to be advancing

good luck with it

ps, the zone i was interested in was the blue 4 in the following chart....

undoubtedly there will be those who howl this technical analysis down, but you seem to be interested enough and have an open mind, so i'm happy to throw it your way

my best and most precious words are reserved for last

listen to yourself, no one else

be as silent as you can during the trading day

be brave

act when you think you should act

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
-0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $121.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.5¢ $149.6K 9.344M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 9443439 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 6145150 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.