HTA 0.00% 2.8¢ hutchison telecommunications (australia) limited

Hi Kooyong, I found this article below browsing on the web. I...

1. 177 Posts.
    Hi Kooyong,

I found this article below browsing on the web. I get the impression from the article that the RAN equipment will be "4G ready", exactly what this means I'm not sure of. Do you know whether this is the case?

----------------------
    Vodafone is two-thirds through an upgrade to its network, replacing legacy Ericsson 2G and 3G radio equipment with radio access network (RAN) equipment provided by Chinese vendor Huawei. While this equipment will allow Vodafone to switch on long-term evolution (LTE) services whenever it wants, Dews told journalists on Friday that the company would focus on providing "4G-like" speeds using HSPA+.

"For us, it's very much about being LTE-ready. And our single RAN solution enables us to be very LTE-ready. And also to get the average speeds on our network up to 4G-like speeds. And that's through a series of upgrades that get us up through 21 megabits per second to 42 megabits per second using HSPA+, which, you know, in some countries ... in most countries these days is called 4G and then from there moving to LTE."I had the impression that whilst they were upgrading the 3G network, at the same time they were installing 4G equipment. I recall reading this a while a go but can't remember the source. Have you got information that they aren't doing this?
    -----------------------

I agree it's good to see less wasted on marketing and more on substance. If they have a reliable and affordable product then "word of mouth" will largely do the selling and need for conventional marketing should be minimal.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HTA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $380.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.8¢ $1.512K 54K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 202026 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 13500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.20pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HTA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.