TSN 0.00% 1.0¢ the sustainable nutrition group ltd

Certainly appears my hopes of being able to pick up some more...

1. 513 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Certainly appears my hopes of being able to pick up some more ACL shares in the low 60's are not looking good!Expectation of "imminent" FDA approval would appear to be driving the SP which is understandable given there has been no news to the contrary.
    Brokers covering the sector have generally become quite conservative in setting SP targets for biotech stocks(the example below is an exception)but it appears their influence can be considerable. Mesoblast on the 31/12/09 was trading at $1.36 as of Friday last week the SP is sitting at $2.18. One of the possible reasons the company cites in it's response to the ASX price query for the SP increase is Southern Cross Equities putting a spec buy recommendation on MSB with a base valuation of $3.01 and optimistic valuation of $8.73.
    Given FDA approval along with the likelihood of increased broker coverage and the current overall very positive sentiment to the biotech sector ACL SP will rise.....how much... it would be nice to have crystal ball. Bioshares in earlier coverage on ACL stated they expected approval for fondaparinux in 2009 but indicated it might take to the end of March 2010. They also indicated when it occurred they expected around a 50% increase in SP within the first month of approval. At the time the SP was 66c so their prediction would be approx $1. Personally I expect this to be exceeded at least in the short term as biotech stocks with significant news generate investor hype but then again fondaparinux mightn't be seen as sexy enough! ...even though it means a guaranteed revenue! stream.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TSN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.